Saturday, January 3, 2009

week one, check

I am feeling a bit like a rock star! First week of work.....check!
So here is the rundown. I am in a 6 week training program with 6 other people. It TOTALLY feels like "the office". Lets see, in order to maintain some level of anonymity, I will assign them nicknames (as I often do!! If you don't know the nickname I have assigned you, it is probably a good thing!!!)

There is:
(* denotes that they are in my class)

*honey-she sits next to me. We are ALWAYS partners. overachievers. we clap at the end of presentations. make innapproriate comments. pass notes. PS her nickname changes to bitch when she doesn't have coffee!! She tried to eliminate coffee from her life. I told her I would personally kill her. honey, myself and the St. bernard are ALWAYS the first ones done. we all sit on the same side of the room and are technically "team B". we pass notes. we are the smarties. we are done first, and we have ALOT of fun.

*St.Bernard-funny funny funny. could be my siamese twin, without the whole messy seperation thing. Large guy. (shaped like a peach) follows me around like a puppy dog. a large puppy dog. St. bernard-like. get it??

*Nerves-Nice guy. always has a hesitance to his voice. a little skittish. he is friends with "ken" who sits next to Jessi (her real name) who is my BFF that suggested that I apply. I guess she started this whole thing! (Gotta love 'work' scenarios, huh??)

Ken-like the hot doll. that maybe gets around. alot. funny, but I always use hand sanitizer after his obligatory 'fist bump'. he is a riot!

*Phyllis- our senior citizen of the class. coughs ALOT. says its allergies. pretty sure it has something to do with the Virginia Slim odor!! Phyllis is on our side of the room, but gets passed between team A and B, because there is an odd number in our class.

*the florist- she is dry and pessemistic. reads alot into hypothetical situations. overachiever, but a downer. lots of sweaters and 'comfort' shoes.

*yowza!!- the hot girl in class (ok, OTHER hot girl!) she is like 6feet tall looks like someone just took her out of the packaging and didn't even mess up her hair!! she is quiet and not at all snotty. You gotta love her, but you NEVER want to stand by her, because no matter how good you look, she looks better. lots better. Nerves, the florist and yowza all sit on the other side of the room and are "team A". we usually have to "quiet down so team A can finish their tests.

*the officer- our instructor. he is funny, yet strict. hard to read. HAS a sense of humor, doesn't always use it. I got in trouble the first day. language violation. surprising huh. for the record, Jessi set me up!!

shorty- another instructor (not mine) funny. i love her. i love her. i love her. same sense of humor. did i mention that i love her??

So far, those are the basics. Needless to say, I am having a blast. The actual job is pretty fun, too!
It is alot of federal regulation adherence, learning a new computer system, trying to understand how it all fits together................... like I said, I am loving the challenge!!!

Week 2, here I come!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I just wanna know if you have a nickname for me... and I want the REAL one, not the nice one your trying to come up with right now so I'm not offended. :)

Glad to hear your having a fun time. Love your sense of humor.

A*Waite said...

It is so much fun to read when you write! I am glad you are enjoying the new job.