Saturday, January 2, 2010

...sledding...

New Years Eve.





We decided to stay home and celebrate as a family.





Ordered Pizza. Made homemade kettle corn. Ty got all amped up on grape soda (note to self, NEVER buy grape soda again...) Lexie became the master squirter of Easy Cheese. We watched movies late into the night. Of course I fell asleep. Woke up as the clock chimed in the New Year, kissed my husband and went to bed. The perfect night.





New Years Day.





Thanks to the fact that we weren't hung over (YAY!!) we were able to (for once) enjoy the first day of the new year!! (Todd has suggested Moderation as my resolution...)





We hit the IHOP for breakfast. delicious. I LOVE breakfast, especially if someone else is cooking!! Then we slid on over to ShopKo for some sleds, and replacement snowpants for the kids, who just so happen to have outgrown last years models. On home to pack up. We love to go sledding to a place just outside of Idaho City. It has a name. I don't know what it is. It is always full of people. Lots of kids. Laughing, squealing, sliding. It is the best. So we are driving up there, and we hit some rough terrain. Lots and lots of snow!!! I don't want to turn back, if there is this much snow here, there must be a ton up there. I am like a kid in the candy store!!! EXCITED!!











Long story short. We made it to the turnoff. It did take us twice as long. When we got to the turnoff we had doubts. The further we went we realized that there were a few vehicles stuck on the road. We helped them get unstuck, and they returned the favor. We realized that there was no way we would be able to drive to the hillside. So we hiked!!! about a mile!!! in 18 inches of snow!! with a 5 year old!! We got back to the hillside, and found only ONE other family that had the same drive when it comes to sledding as we do! It was AWESOME! We had to carve our own runs, tredge our own paths and basically give ourselves heart attacks!! I have never had a workout so seriously intense at that!!!! I did take a few pics of the drive up and when we finally got unstuck and parked, but I didn't take my camera on the hike back to the hillside. Sorry, but you will just have to take my word for it. Ah-mazing!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Looks like a TON of fun :)