Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy monday.

partially sarcastic. Here goes another week. I have about 12 phone calls to make. It is not even 10:00. Garbage is out. (Thanks, Max for barking at the garbage truck and reminding me that it is trash day!) Laundry is started, dishes are....waiting to be done.:) I don't do dishes at night. I made dinner, served dinner, cleaned up spills, taught the kids to stack their dishes, I just cannot teach anyone around here the rocket science of the "dishwasher". Damn elusive metal box. Fills with soapy water, and magically swishes my dishes my dishes clean. If only a man could opperate it. Hey, he is a rocket scientist, not a dish scientist!
My list of should's overwhelms my time and my brain.
I need to prepare for a meeting tonight. I am the president of our homeowners assoc, and we are having a planning meeting for our annual Fall Harvest Festival. Chilli cookoff this year. I think. Hay rides? Jump house, always. Any suggestions?? We have 2 events a year. 4th of July and Harvest. the 4th of July was a blast, big neighborhood BBQ, Kids liberty day bike parade, jump houses and about $500 worth of fireworks. Big success. Just hoping this comes together as well.
I need to clean out my "crap" aka "craft" closet. Mount our exterior shutters. (I have had them for over a year. just sitting there in their boxes. they want out.) Finish a quilt. Make cinnamon rolls. (that just sounds good:)) Scrub toilets, bathe the dog (remnants of the "booger incident"), deflate the air mattress and put all things sleepover away. I think I will just pour myself another cup of coffee and pretend I have important TV time.
For the first time this week, I have the energy to start my to do list. I have no excuses. Lexie is at school, Todd is home today, and he is taking Ty. I don't know where. he said he would take him, and I don't ask questions. Cabella's. that's my guess.
I am now home, alone. I should take advantage of it. Everyone I know is working. or busy. that's dissappointing. It would be easier to skip my "need to do" crap, if I had a good excuse. I don't.
If you are still reading this, you must be in the same place I am. I just re-read my ramblings and it made me WANT to scrub toilets. pathetic.
Wow. Maybe Iwill check my e-mail. and make some phone calls. I will re-blog is something fantastic happens.

1 comment:

Camille said...

My house is a train wreck. Every day I tell myself I need to get a crack-a-lackin, but it just doesn't happen. I get one little area cleaned per day, and by the end of the week I have one clean area.... The one I just cleaned that the kids haven't gotten to yet... Well actually the kids usually have gotten to it so it's usually all still a mess. Ugh. How is it so messy when my husband and 2 of my kids are gone most of the time everyday???